Succulent Pot Ring!















I'm so excited to post about my first hand modeled wax ring!
Estoy super emocionada de poner este post para presentar mi primer anillo modelado en cera a mano!

Some years ago I worked in a jewelry factory and I used to model jewelry through Rhino software and then print waxes in a 3D printer.
Hace unos años trabajé en una joyería y hacía modelos en Rhino que luego eran impresos tridimensionalmente en cera.

But this is my first handcrafted model. It's such an amusing technique! Wax is very easy to sculpt with simple tools.
Pero este es mi primer modelo hecho artesanalmente. Es una técnica de lo más divertida! la cera es un material muy fácil de manipular con herramientas sencillas.

This lovely ring is a pot with a plant that belongs to the "succulent" family. I discovered that variety of plants last year and I LOVE them!, they are so beautiful and most important, since they are desert they resist a messy owner like me.
Es una simpática maceta con una suculenta. Descubrí esa variedad de plantas el año pasado y me encaaaantan! son muy hermosas, y sobre todo que al ser desérticas resisten a una dueña descuidada como yo.

Yesterday I picked up this brass ring from the casting workshop. It needs some final touches, but I can't help to use it right away and show it to you! I hope you like it too:)

Recién ayer fui con el fundidor de bronce por el anillo, aún le faltan algunos retoques, pero no me aguanté usarlo YA y mostrárselos! Espero que a ustedes también les guste! :)


 2010 © Gemagenta

Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I would like to try my hand at wax casting one day. Truly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I love seeing all the photos, and you made a most beautiful ring:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment